Monday, March 4, 2013

My Favorite Tech Tools


 We are sure that you have some favorite tech tools and gadgets. In this month's blog post, choose your favorite (or two) and tell us about it. Don't forget to include ideas of how it can be used as a teacher or as an instructional tool. 

I absolutely LOVE my Ipads in my classroom! I use them all day everyday and my kindergarten students really enjoy using them. I use them for reading centers by having students play phonics games on apps we downloaded. I use Biguniverse for leveled reading groups during guided reading. I use them as a behavior incentive during reading workshop and allow my "super silent readers of the day" read their books on the Ipads on Biguniverse instead of the plain paper leveled books. I use them during STEM as a math review center using math games and apps or for science looking up weather and other activities.  Lastly I use them as interventions for my low performers on Tier Plans to review letter sounds or sight words during my pull out time for some extra guided practice. They are wonderful tools in a classroom and we have 5 but that is plenty as long as you think in a small group setting.  

1 comment:

  1. I also love having my iPads. However, I think that it would sometimes by easier if I were in a regular classroom. I'm in the media center, which I love, but it's difficult to consistently use the iPads each week. They are great for projects and I do try to use them with at least one grade level each week but it can still be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete